Our attorneys have extensive experience in tax and customs issues. For instance, during the period of service in the Supreme Court as Justices they participated in drafting tax code, considered tax and customs disputes; as advocates they have years of extensive experience in counseling and representation in courts of all levels in tax and customs disputes. Our colleagues participate and make presentations during seminars and conferences on tax issues.
We consult on Kazakhstani tax/customs legislation foreign and Kazakhstani clients, provide pre-trial services, appeal tax/customs assessment and administrative fines, represent clients in courts, investment disputes arising from assessment of taxes/customs duties in Astana City Court/specialized board of the Supreme Court.
The Netherlands is one of the major Kazakhstan’s partner through which investors prefer to do investment in our economy. Thus, in cooperation with our partner we provide foreign and Kazakhstani clients legal and tax services on structuring in Kazakhstan via the Netherlands.
Several examples of our experience are listed below:
- numerous consulting on taxation of investors’ activities in Kazakhstan;
- consulting on the structuring of the legal relationship between a Russian company, its subsidiary and Kazakhstani mobile operators sale of the virtual products to individuals via the Internet;
- consulting of the foreign holding company and drafting of labor contracts in order to reduce the risk of a permanent establishment in the territory of the RofK;
- analysis of the contractual relationship for tax risks in leading Kazakhstani recruitment company during a tax audit;
- pre-trial representation of the British company in a tax dispute on assessed taxes due to “improperly” issued a certificate of residence;
- pre-trial, court representation over restoration of VAT registration;
- numerous representation of leading oil and gas, mining companies in the courts of first instance, second level and the Supreme Court over issues of VAT refund;
- representation of the largest Kazakhstani power producer in the courts of first, second level and the Supreme Court in a dispute concerning assessment of additional VAT in connection with the alleged “violation” of the temporary regime during turbines repair.